background

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Question.

What do these three things have in common...


1.) Libby's toy that she unstuffed and tossed too and fro
2.) buttons in colors I will never use
3.) fabric scraps that I didn't have the heart to throw out because I love the fabric so




Answer:
Fabric covered stuffed buttons!!! These things are so cute and super easy to make.

Here's how you make them:

1.) Cut fabric in a circle a bit larger than the button
2.) Stitch the outside edge to make a draw-string like bag for button and stuffing.
3.) Take small ball of stuffing from frog's head. Roll into a ball in palms of your hands.
4.) Put stuffing and button in the little fabric bag you made




5.) Using thread like a drawsting, enclose button and stuffing into the fabric and pull taught. I also added a few extra stitches using a diagonal whip stitch across the backside.

6.) All finished! Fabric button to add to your button collection, uhm, I mean add to a scrapbook page!

P.S. ~ Look for some of these in my new kit that I will list on eBay this Thursday!

4 comments:

Kathy Carr said...

Oh how cool! Even I could probably do this! Looking forward to being a regular visitor to your blog!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love these! I agree with Kathy....I might even be able to make these little cuties. Thanks for sharing the instructions. Can't wait to see more of your blog!

AZAnjanette said...

wow! great instructions. I could see myself buying all the stuff but not actually sewing fabric on any buttons! LOL

Congratulations on starting your blog. Can't wait to see more of your neat projects. You must be really crafty all the time because the stuff you put out on ebay is just wonderful.

glynda roffmann said...

Awe, you gals are great! Glad the directions help!